Why be great?
It is important to understand that being great is a choice that you get to make. No one can make it for you and it doesn’t just happen because it would be ‘nice.’ Doing ‘well’ and being great are worlds apart. It is important to assess whether you are happy where you are or if you are not fully satisfied with all areas in your life.
I am doing pretty well in my life, why make any changes?
If you are happy with everything in your life right now the way it is, then you don’t have to change if you don’t want to. There are plenty of people who ‘get by’ in life and are content with that. Understand, however, that if you continue to do what you have always done, you will continue to get what you always got. Know that:
- Good things come to those who wait but better things come to those who work for it.
- Life, like money, has an inflation rate. You will value the things you already have in life less and less each year.
- Simply attempting to be great will open up opportunities for you that you couldn’t have even imagined a few years ago.
- People are drawn to those who are great. This could be professionally, personally, or romantically. Relationships of all types are the #1 source of happiness in life.
- Working towards greatness just feels ‘good.’ Who doesn’t like to feel good?
- Playing at a level below your potential feels bad.
- Everything just feels better when you are great.
Don’t get lost in the monotony of everyday life. Decide to strive for a life of greatness. See our next post for a list of questions that you can ask yourself to know whether you are living into your greatness already.
Good will get you what it takes to survive.
Great will get you what it takes to really live.